Often, when our hair is in poor condition, we buy various advertised preparations, conditioners, shampoos. We use the trial-and-error method, hoping to come across a cosmetic that will make our hair healthy and shiny. Instead of wasting time using cosmetics that are not suitable for your hair, it is worth investing in a professional trichoscopic examination:
- provides a comprehensive diagnosis of the condition of the scalp and hair structure
- identifies the cause of hair loss and distinguishes between the different types of hair loss
- is completely painless and non-invasive, and can even be performed on pregnant women
- is carried out very quickly and can be repeated several times to follow the effects of treatment
- greatly facilitates the selection of an effective treatment method
No skin or hair samples are required for the test. There is also no need to shave the scalp. The examination is completely painless.
- excessive hair loss
- dandruff, red spots, seborrhoea, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis
No special preparation is needed for the examination. Simply wash the hair 24-72 hours before the trichoscopy. No masks, conditioners or rubs should be applied to the scalp before the test. In the short period of time before the examination, you should not colour your hair or carry out other treatments that could affect the scalp.
The examination involves applying a dermatoscope to the patient’s skin, which allows it to be observed and images to be taken at up to 100 times magnification. The doctor determines the condition and amount of hair and hair follicles. The examination lasts between 20 and 30 minutes.
The test does not affect the patient’s skin. The test does not cause any irritation or inflammation of the skin.
- selection of an appropriate treatment method tailored to the patient’s problem
- distinguishing between different types of alopecia
- finding the cause of scalp problems
There are no contraindications to trichoscopy. It can even be performed on children, pregnant women and older people.